Eyeshadow primer is essential, if you don’t use one your eyeshadow will crease a lot easier and the color won’t be so vibrant. So i’m going to show the easy way to make your own primer, but be aware that it will not last as long as UDPP or Mac Paint Pot or Too Faced Shadow Insurance, it will last around 5-8 hours depending on your skin type.
- A liquid or cream foundation (Cream will work better)
- A concealer (Optional)
- A body butter or a thicker consistency body lotion like i’m using (if you’re using regular body lotion the texture might be too runny)
- A container
- A spatula/stick
Please note that you don’t have to use the same brand as i do.
Step by step:
- Pretty self explanatory, squeeze out a pea-sized amount of the body butter in the container.
2. Then add the same amount og foundation and concealer
3. Mix all the ingredients together until it look something like this:
4. Now your eye primer is ready to use!
Just so you know, here’s a comparison between the Bodycology body lotion and a regular lotion
Left; Bodycology Body Lotion
Right; Bath and Body Works Body Lotion
(here’s a swatch with different kind of primer)
(Left to Right)
1. No Primer
2. Homemade Primer
3. Urban Decay Primer Potion
4. Tarte Clean Slate Creaseless Eye Primer
Somehow the eyeshadow with UDPP looks kinda different, i don’t know why. But the point is eye primer is really important and as you can see, the eyeshadow without primer doesn’t look so vibrant.