A classic, affordable, yet awesome face mask. It’s the Queen Helene’s Mint Julep Masque. This is basically the green mask you see on movies (at least that’s what i heard).
It claims to shrink large pores, dry up acne pimples and rinse away blackheads.
I personally agree with it. After using it for a while i do noticed that my pores is shrinking and blackheads starting to fades away. I don’t really have acne but i do have acne scars which also starting to fade.
When i apply it on my face it feels really cools and tingles. Some people with severe acne said that it burns, i think it’s because the mintiness. It’s okay if it burns a little, like what they say ‘Beauty is pain’, but if it’s unbearable just wash it off of course and you can apply a really thin layer next time.
How to use:
1. Apply a thin/thick layer of the product on your face (depends on your skin type, if you have drier skin, apply a thin layer)
2. Wait for it to harden, you will feel it becomes really tight
3. Go scare people with your green mask. You will look like Hulk’s wife
4. When it’s completely dry rinse it off with lukewarm water and a washcloth
5. Your skin will feel incredibly soft
The only downside of this product is, it contains paraben and fragrance. If you read my blog for the last couple of months, you know how much i hate both of those ingredients on skin care products. But i decided to try this mask since everyone said it’s incredible. So try it at your own will, you can decide whether this is a product for you or not.
– Dry up pimples
– Shrink enlarge pores
– Rinse away blackheads
– Your skin will feel soft afterwards
– Contains Paraben
– Contains Fragrance
– A bit hard to squeeze the product out since it’s like a clay
You can get it from Target, Walgreens or any other drugstore.
(CVS used to carry the Queen Helene brand, but then they make their own mint mask called CVS Purifying Mint Masque which basically the same thing, but some people said that the Queen Helene is better)
Retails for $3.70 (I got mine for $12 include shipping fees)